Thursday, May 3, 2012

Amazing day in Los Angeles with Guard A Heart, Aviir, Red Eye Inc. and some great kids learning to garden for the very first time!

I had the most meaningful day last Saturday April 28, and here's why. I spent time in South Central LA at a housing project, with Estrella Harrington and her incredible Guard A Heart and Aviir staff, helping out with a gardening project for kids. Took video and interviewed so many people involved, plus kids gave me the scoop on the fact this was their first time gardening, what they would love on their wish list to grow, and they could not wait to see their cucumbers, strawberries and Growums salad and pizza kits grow! This experience was special beyond words, so here are some pictures that captured the day. Thank you Guard A Heart for allowing me to be a part of this incredible day - one I will not forget. On my show May 3 at 12noon on OC Talk Radio, I am featuring an event recap of Guard A Heart's South Central Gardening project - interviews with Guard A Heart and Aviir staff, Red Eye, Inc. and some great conversations with the kids. Such an amazing day! I thought I would share : ) 12noon on OC Talk Radio - streaming live on www.octalkradio.net Listen Now:

Podcast Powered By Podbean

No comments:

Janeane Bernstein

Janeane Bernstein
Photo by Ralph Palumbo

Followers

Powered By Blogger