Thursday, April 12, 2012

My band Honey performing at the 4th Annual Walk to End Genocide Sunday April 15th here in Orange County, CA!




My band Honey will be performing 10:30am Sunday, April 15, 2012 at Jewish World Watch’s 4th Annual Walk to End Genocide

Great event! All ages, great music, food trucks and a family, friendly vibe for anyone!

Location: Fountain Valley Sports Park 16400 Brookhurst St. Fountain Valley, CA 90036

ABOUT THE BAND


renSTEWART peteFIELIS janeaneBERNSTEIN leeNORTON garyBROWN
lead singer guitar guitar bass drums

When speaking about our music I like to quote J. Edgar Hoover who boldly said, “I
have to only look to one thing when placing blame for my habit of dressing in
women’s clothing and dancing the night away…it’s the music.” And really, who can
blame him? I’m not sure what year he said that but I think it was after he
proclaimed gruyere to be on the FBI’s most wanted list. HONEY would most
definitely be Hoover’s kind of band, somewhere between infectiously danceable and
downright hummable; I can see him now, front row, shouting the lyrics as I sing
them.

Here’s a little something you don’t know: I am a fabulous rink skater and I will
challenge you to a duel once I know who is reading this. Now, please let me tell you
a little about everyone else…

Lee Norton, who pretends to play bass in our group, has tons of experience playing in
hard core punk bands all over Orange County, California but they wouldn’t let him
play anywhere else. I met him a few years back and we grabbed Janeane Bernstein,
a fabulous radio host and voice over actress, to play guitar with us. I played drums
and it was fantastically horrible. Finally one day Lee dropped one of his grind-core smelly-bar bands and decided to start something new, bringing with him a
completely deadly guitarist, Pete Fielis. He can play the guitar while reciting the
Declaration of Independence in his head and I think that’s pretty cool. Then there’s
me, Ren. I sing the loudest out of everyone in the band and I stand in front so that I can see better. I come from a pretty musical background, having been an apprentice
composer for Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo and occasionally a songwriter for
television and film. Finally there’s Gary Brown, who actually has a long past of
hitting drums in reggae bands and big venues; he wandered into our studio and the
indie pop band HONEY began.

www.thehoneyband.com
facebook: OCHoneyBand

No comments:

Janeane Bernstein

Janeane Bernstein
Photo by Ralph Palumbo

Followers

Powered By Blogger